off-highway vehicles (OHVs) include all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), pocket bikes, motorized scooters, and snowmobiles. Both parties must be present to transfer the title. Who engages in intrastate business and operates in such a business any motor vehicle, trailer or semi trailer, or any person maintaining such vehicles in this state, as the home state of such vehicles.

Your OHV may be exempt from titling if you bought it before July 1, 2012. These are regulated by agencies other than the DMV. if it's a trailer that was manufactured by a company or has been previously titled, you're in a bit of a gray area. You can get a fee estimate by using the

If you do not have a title, you (or the owner of record) will have to apply for a duplicate from the state where the vehicle was last titled. and manufactured after July 1, 1975 must be equipped with service brakes on all wheels. Vehicle Equipment Requirements - Cars & Trucks | Trailers | Motorcycles | Federal Standards.

Looking for Other Vehicle Registrations in another state? If the title says 'person 1' OR 'person 2', either party can sign without the other. DMV Home Page | About us | Driver License | Registration | License Plates | Business | Forms | Offices | State of Nevada Home Page. Ask for form VP104. See Driver License Classes. Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), other state agencies may take care of registration paperwork for other types of vehicles, such as boats. Allow the seller to fill in the seller portion. The only exceptions are two-wheeled motorcycles.

A maximum speed of 30 MPH on level ground. Carson City, NV 89711, It will cost you Contact us with specifics before you begin work. This site uses Javascript for menus and many other features.

All Rights Reserved. Thx, Walt Before registering your custom-built vehicle in Nevada, you'll need to have it inspected first at an authorized inspection station. The State of Nevada requires the buyer to possess a "properly signed-off title to register the vehicle and transfer ownership." To register your trailer follow the instructions on our For many special vehicle types, the registration process is the same as registering a standard car or truck; however, you should be prepared to pay higher fees if your vehicle is larger or heavier, such as with a Bring a completed Bill of Sale, personal identification and proof of insurance to the DMV. 1. There are different documents required depending on the age of your vehicle, who you purchased it from, and whether it is homemade. If the vehicle is less than 10 years old, and the seller has lost the title paperwork, the seller must apply for a duplicate, or copy, of the title through the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles. Trailers may be registered for one year or three years. Salvage Vehicles - There are strict laws, special requirements and several classifications for vehicles that have been severely damaged. For many special vehicle types, the registration process is the same as registering a standard car or truck; however, you should be prepared to pay higher fees if your vehicle is larger or heavier, such as with a motorhome or RV.Other vehicles require inspections prior to registration, including homemade trailers and custom-built cars.

If the DMV verifies the seller as the "owner of record," they will receive a duplicate title. The fees required to register your special vehicle will vary depending on the type of vehicle you have.

The term does not include a person who is an actual tourist, an out-of-state student, a foreign exchange student, a border state employee or a seasonal resident. This protects the buyer from unwittingly purchasing a stolen vehicle. Liability insurance is not required. Riders must have a Class M driver license and wear a helmet. New residents must obtain their driver license and vehicle registration within 30 days. If you have a homemade or rebuilt trailer, you'll need to have it inspected by a Nevada DMV representative before you can have it registered. A signed application for title and license. See Low Speed Vehicles and Golf Carts.

Return to the DMV with the duplicate title, Bill of Sale, your state-issued ID and proof of insurance to register your new purchase in your name. It will need to pass the standards required for: See the Nevada DMV website for a full list of You must register your vehicle here: There are some exemptions.

Special Mobile Equipment such as road graders and well-boring equipment does not have to be registered in Nevada but vehicles are subject to all other requirements on titles and purchases. Please enable Javascript!

Contact us with specifics before you begin work. Print a bill of sale from the DMV website or request one from the local branch.

You can do a title-only transaction and establish legal ownership of a vehicle without registering it. See Mopeds.

You are not required to register your vehicle here if you are: You do not have to maintain a registration or liability insurance if your vehicle is in storage or otherwise not being driven on public streets. Vehicles coming from out-of-state must have a VIN inspection. Nevada's laws and regulations for trailers are listed below: Nevada Trailer Brake Laws. If the title says 'person 1' OR 'person 2', either party can sign without the other. Helmets and a one-time registration are required in Nevada. To title and register a trailer, the owner will normally have to submit: The properly signed title. You must obtain a permit to operate an out-of-state business vehicle in Nevada. Sometimes you can use other proofs of ownership, such as a bill of sale or a Manufacturer's Statement of Origin (MSO).

Who physically resides in this state and engages in a trade, profession, occupation or accepts gainful employment in this state. MUST be registered as a motorcycle. If you are assembling or building your own trailer, you must have it inspected before it can be registered or titled. Golf carts, ATVs and homemade vehicles do not qualify and may not be converted. The inspector will complete all applicable sections on a Certificate of Inspection/Affidavit of Vehicle Construction (Form VP-64) and you will need to complete some of it too. If the vehicle is not registered or not operational, you may change the title only without obtaining insurance, a smog check or registration. NOTE: You can only drive your low speed or neighborhood electric vehicle on public streets with a speed limit of 35 MPH or less. Check for your vehicle type below to see if you have any special requirements or exemptions. All-terrain vehicles, pocket bikes, motorized scooters, snowmobiles and similar motorized vehicles are subject to registration and titling in Nevada. trailer, off-highway vehicle, or recreational vehicle, you must pay attention to the registration and titling requirements, otherwise you risk receiving fines and other penalties.

The State of Nevada requires the buyer to possess a "properly signed-off title to register the vehicle and transfer ownership."

The process to register your trailer Fill out your information for the buyer's section.

Golf carts may be operated on public streets only in designated areas. Low speed vehicles built to specific federal standards may be registered and operated on public streets where the speed limit is 35 mph or less. You may need special driver license classes or endorsements for large vehicles or multiple trailers. Towable tools (air compressors, cement mixers, etc.) Once you've passed your inspection, simply follow the instructions listed in on our Nevada Car Registration page, but remember to also bring: The Nevada DMV Registering your low speed vehicle is the same process as You can also contact your local NV Department of Motor Vehicles office for more fee information. The new printed copy bears the new owner, or buyer's, name on it. See also Occupational and Business Licensing. SUMMARY: How to Register Other Vehicle Types in Nevada. You must register your vehicle in Nevada if you are a resident as outlined below or a non-resident who meets certain conditions. Off-highway vehicles may not be driven on public streets or sidewalks.

Please check your inbox (including spam box). Apply for a duplicate title. Every trailer, semitrailer, or pole trailer at least 1,500 lbs. See Motorcycles & Trimoblies. In most vehicle sales, the deadline to register the vehicle is 30 days from the date of the sale.